The Offertorium is well on the way, but Marie Antoinette's very complex "small theatre" is quite taxing for the computer, and myself as well, so I am "taking a short vacation" from it to work on the last movement, the Agnus Ei and Communio. That is the one I rebuilt Versailles for out of "virtual paper".
The Opening section was done a long time ago, as well as the animation "demo" for the first castle built by Louis XIII. I am now making the rest of the buildings emerge from the ground in various ways and with various camera angles and focal lengths, going from a telephoto for the first "small castle" to a wider and wider lens going further and further away as the castle grows exponentially through the reign of Louis XIV from this
to this
The final movement is about 7m 30 s in length, and full of energy, but with a constantly changing tempo, where quieter lyrical moments slowly increase to faster and louder moments. This is repeated three times with the same words.
First, I have to decide how much time to devote to each stage of the construction, and animate the emergence of each new building either next to or over existing buildings.
I would like the pace of it to get faster and more frenetic toward the end. But I have to deal with the fact that unlike most symphonies, the movement does not end "with bang", but rather IS a succession of three short crescendi for the Agnus Dei(which is a little strange since the words are : "Lamb of God, would who takes away the sins of the world, grant them rest")and ends with the Communio, which is very slow and quiet("May everlasting light shine upon them, O Lord,
The Opening section was done a long time ago, as well as the animation "demo" for the first castle built by Louis XIII. I am now making the rest of the buildings emerge from the ground in various ways and with various camera angles and focal lengths, going from a telephoto for the first "small castle" to a wider and wider lens going further and further away as the castle grows exponentially through the reign of Louis XIV from this
to this
The final movement is about 7m 30 s in length, and full of energy, but with a constantly changing tempo, where quieter lyrical moments slowly increase to faster and louder moments. This is repeated three times with the same words.
First, I have to decide how much time to devote to each stage of the construction, and animate the emergence of each new building either next to or over existing buildings.
I would like the pace of it to get faster and more frenetic toward the end. But I have to deal with the fact that unlike most symphonies, the movement does not end "with bang", but rather IS a succession of three short crescendi for the Agnus Dei(which is a little strange since the words are : "Lamb of God, would who takes away the sins of the world, grant them rest")and ends with the Communio, which is very slow and quiet("May everlasting light shine upon them, O Lord,
with your Saints forever, for you are kind.
Grant them eternal rest, O Lord, and may everlasting light shine upon them, with your Saints forever, for you are merciful").
I also would like to include "credits" as part of the video, rather than after like in a movie. The video simply cannot continue with no music. I am using quotation marks because they not belike "regular credits", but rather "tongue in cheek credits" that are part of the story, thanking all the historical "actors", and all the players involved in the making of the wonderful objects and buildings of the Golden Age, and of the show itself. These would run over the Communio.

No comments:
Post a Comment