As a way to keep myself going 12 hours a day, I have to change movement periodically, and work on all at the same time. Some people would probably prefer finishing one, then the next, etch I just can't work that way, as everything I discover working on one might be used on another. I prefer the back and forth approach, and find it gives the ensemble more unity.
Talking about unity, the Dies Irae stands apart, and I waited quite a while to tackle it. I then came up with an idea I pursued for quite a while, an kinda put aside because of concerns some people might laugh... Not allowed during a Requiem.
I started working with another more sedate idea, but my heart was not into it. So I showed the first draft to a few trusted friends, and they thought it wasn't funny, and I should pursue my first instinct.
So I re opened the file in After Effects this morning early, and have been cutting things,out, adding new ones, and moving stuff around. I am at the same time simplifying and adding new complexity.
In particular, I decided to add some "tricoteuses". Rather than explaining, I will give you the Wilkepedia Link.
I found of course caricatures of the nasty ones
but also a wonderful image by Greases of a young sweet adorable "Tricoteuse Endormie"(asleep)
Talking about unity, the Dies Irae stands apart, and I waited quite a while to tackle it. I then came up with an idea I pursued for quite a while, an kinda put aside because of concerns some people might laugh... Not allowed during a Requiem.
I started working with another more sedate idea, but my heart was not into it. So I showed the first draft to a few trusted friends, and they thought it wasn't funny, and I should pursue my first instinct.
So I re opened the file in After Effects this morning early, and have been cutting things,out, adding new ones, and moving stuff around. I am at the same time simplifying and adding new complexity.
In particular, I decided to add some "tricoteuses". Rather than explaining, I will give you the Wilkepedia Link.
I found of course caricatures of the nasty ones
but also a wonderful image by Greases of a young sweet adorable "Tricoteuse Endormie"(asleep)
I should be able to use it to good effect...


No comments:
Post a Comment