I have pretty much completed the built of the chandelier
It comes down from the ceiling and the ten animated candles get lighted by an animated figure, and it seems to work:
But introducing multiple point lights and turning on shadows seems to be more than my computer can handle, and slow things down so much that it becomes impossible to keep a reasonable work pace.
The fact of the matter is that I am pushing my machine to it's limits, and may have to scale back on the lighting, because it takes so much processing power.
Tests have shown the effect of candle light would look great, but that may be beyond the capabilities of the machine... Bummer...
I have also continued to refine the stage area, and created a complete new set of an alley of trees receding into the distance, based on pictures of actual sets:
I had of course to also create the back of the sets:
I tried to render what I have so far of the theatre scene last night, and the projected render times were around 20 hours, so I ended up rendering only about a third of it, and it looks good. I suppose I will have to render in sections and stitch them together.
It comes down from the ceiling and the ten animated candles get lighted by an animated figure, and it seems to work:
But introducing multiple point lights and turning on shadows seems to be more than my computer can handle, and slow things down so much that it becomes impossible to keep a reasonable work pace.
The fact of the matter is that I am pushing my machine to it's limits, and may have to scale back on the lighting, because it takes so much processing power.
Tests have shown the effect of candle light would look great, but that may be beyond the capabilities of the machine... Bummer...
I have also continued to refine the stage area, and created a complete new set of an alley of trees receding into the distance, based on pictures of actual sets:
I had of course to also create the back of the sets:




No comments:
Post a Comment