Saturday, March 26, 2016

Post 32: Basement taking shape

  I rendered the Dies Irae one more time last night after more corrections and adjustments, and thought I had the final version, but then there is still a split second glitch at the end! It never ends...
  In the last couple of days, I have been putting together the basement of the theatre. I made a mistake sizing the walls, that ended up too long, so I added an extra small room to it, and am now considering bringing a staircase down from the stage...
  I am debating whether it would look better to take the camera down a staircase, or just lower it vertically down though a trap in the floor(which would also save me having to build said staircase...).
   I applied an adjustment layer with curves to darken the mood and increase the contrast, in order to create the illusion of low candlelight without actually using multiple points of light in After Effects, and it sort of works pretty well. So much so that I am going to try the same thing upstairs in the theatre.
   The final camera view is going to be  5760 x 1080 pixels, but to see what I am doing better building the basement, I am working on a 5760 x 5000 canvas, which explains the near square image:



  It is beginning to look pretty good though  and so totally different in mood and look from the pretty blue and gold theatre decor that it will come as a nice counterpoint in the second part of the Offertories.

No comments:

Post a Comment