Well, the new Accelsior PCIe card arrived in two days, and immediately went into the top slot where my old Apple Hardware Raid Card had been sitting unused. I installed the latest version of El Capitan, which went very fast. I only installed Photoshop, Bridge, and After Effects, the "OLD" Quicktime 7 Pro, the VLC player, plus my usual utilities: DiskWarrior, What Size, Clean App, Black Magic Speed Test, CineBench, Matrox Power Desk.
I plan to reserve this new machine named ACCELSIOR for heavy lifting, and leave it as uncluttered as possible to avoid font and software bugs.
I am not getting the maximum 820 Mbits/s speed they claim(up to), and am a little dissappointed in that I was hoping for at least 700, and am only getting about 655Mbits/s...
I plan to reserve this new machine named ACCELSIOR for heavy lifting, and leave it as uncluttered as possible to avoid font and software bugs.
I am not getting the maximum 820 Mbits/s speed they claim(up to), and am a little dissappointed in that I was hoping for at least 700, and am only getting about 655Mbits/s...
But then, that's "on paper", and when it comes to actually working at full def, and especially rendering in After Effects, things seem to go a lot faster.
I have a month to send it back if I am not satisfied anyway. We will see how it goes in the next few days...

No comments:
Post a Comment