Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Post 31: It Always Takes Much Longer than I think!

   Since the last post, I have been as planned been working on Marie Antoinette's Theatre.I built the basic structure a while ago, and that was a very difficult process, but a lot of the detail remained to be found and put in place.
  I want to be able to move the camera every which way, so even the back of things have to be created, and some things given thickness with an edge. 
  The doors have to be made to open, the sets have to hang on ropes and be able to go up and down into the floor, the curtains need to have ropes and pulleys to open and close, there are ladders leaning against the walls, sand bags on ropes.
   I just had a new idea that will of course complicate things: have a chandelier in the main theatre that comes down with extinct candles that get lighted one by one by an attendant, and then goes back up. I would like the candles to actually burn with an animated flame. I would like the lighting to look like it is actually coming from the candles. Same thing for the stage, with a row of candles burning, and candles with reflectors attached to the back of each set, the way it used to be:





  But that is an enormous amount of work, and I don't know if I can take it that far by myself. The Offertorium is in two parts, and lasts about 15 minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment