I have not posted for a while simply because I have been too busy to post. Working on the theatre of course, but also working on the other sequences, day after day.
Some are about completed, but some still require a lot of long hours on the computer.
I spent a lot of time refining the walk through the gallery of paintings, adding more figures, and turning them to face the camera as it snakes through the virtual space, refining and smoothing out the camera path up and down and around the paper figures trying to achieve the best angles. It is getting close:
So I put it aside and got to work rebuilding Versailles, virtually of course and out of paper. Still, as any construction job, it is taking way more work and time than expected. The castle was added on and on and on and modified for over a hundred years...
The building of the paper replica is divided in 8 stages:

Some are about completed, but some still require a lot of long hours on the computer.
I spent a lot of time refining the walk through the gallery of paintings, adding more figures, and turning them to face the camera as it snakes through the virtual space, refining and smoothing out the camera path up and down and around the paper figures trying to achieve the best angles. It is getting close:
So I put it aside and got to work rebuilding Versailles, virtually of course and out of paper. Still, as any construction job, it is taking way more work and time than expected. The castle was added on and on and on and modified for over a hundred years...
The building of the paper replica is divided in 8 stages:

Every building has to be broken up in single flat components, either wall or roof, that have to be named. And there are hundreds of them, small and big:
Then, every single component has to be made a layer in AfterEffects, placed in 3D space , oriented properly along the x,y,z axis, and fitted together precisely with its neighbors. Every piece of roof has to be angled and fitted properly. It is like a huge jigsaw puzzle IN SPACE. I learned a lot about the castle that, and love doing it.












No comments:
Post a Comment