As I said in my last post, it has been quite a task building the 3D Gallery, finding dozens of relevant paintings, finding different more or les ornate gold frames, squaring and cutting out everything, and hanging the show. I so far have a Gallery of the Kings, a Gallery of the Enlightenment Philosophers, a Gallery of the Queens, and a Gallery of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette's Family. I still have to finish the Gallery of the Revolutionaries.
But I couldn't wait to see if my idea was really going to work, so I created a wide angle virtual camera, and moved it meandering through the four finished rooms. It is just a first test, the camera is a bit too low, and camera movements are a bit jerky, but that will get corrected, and the paper figures will move and turn to face the camera. I posted it on YouTube:
GALLERY WALK TEST
I am overall quite pleased. The camera movement is not smooth, and is at times too fast, but that can be adjusted at a later stage.
Well, back to work now to finish the last Gallery!
But I couldn't wait to see if my idea was really going to work, so I created a wide angle virtual camera, and moved it meandering through the four finished rooms. It is just a first test, the camera is a bit too low, and camera movements are a bit jerky, but that will get corrected, and the paper figures will move and turn to face the camera. I posted it on YouTube:
GALLERY WALK TEST
I am overall quite pleased. The camera movement is not smooth, and is at times too fast, but that can be adjusted at a later stage.
Well, back to work now to finish the last Gallery!

No comments:
Post a Comment