After watching Carlos shape the music and work with the musicians at rehearsal on Tuesday, I was particularly interesting in seing the final performance at Railroad Park at 8 on Friday night.
Rachel and I drove down early to get a parking space, and Michael helped us haul and set up our folding chairs, cooler and picnic on the grassy knoll, way too far from the tent. I could not hear a thing, and quickly moved my chair first row center, which happened to be unoccupied, as actually were all the front rows...I suppose people were afraid to get too close.
Anyway, once up close, the sound was fine, and I could see the musicians play and Carlos conduct very well. Mind you, a Symphony Orchestra is not the ideal kind of orchestra for outdoors, even with a stack of rather ineffective speakers. Trains going by a few feet away are a noisy distraction, as are helicopters flying directly overhead. But I knew the music and had heard it in rehearsal, so I did enjoy the evening.
The weather was great, the sky a deep turquoise, with Venus rising above the tent(OK ,I enhanced it a little!)
Rachel and I drove down early to get a parking space, and Michael helped us haul and set up our folding chairs, cooler and picnic on the grassy knoll, way too far from the tent. I could not hear a thing, and quickly moved my chair first row center, which happened to be unoccupied, as actually were all the front rows...I suppose people were afraid to get too close.
Anyway, once up close, the sound was fine, and I could see the musicians play and Carlos conduct very well. Mind you, a Symphony Orchestra is not the ideal kind of orchestra for outdoors, even with a stack of rather ineffective speakers. Trains going by a few feet away are a noisy distraction, as are helicopters flying directly overhead. But I knew the music and had heard it in rehearsal, so I did enjoy the evening.
The weather was great, the sky a deep turquoise, with Venus rising above the tent(OK ,I enhanced it a little!)

No comments:
Post a Comment