Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Post 10: Setting up my Studio Workspace

   As I explained earlier, I want to recreate as closely a possible in the studio the situation in the Concert hall, mainly in order to get a good idea of how things will look like in the dark on the three big screen, and rehearse the performance. It will also allow me to show Pierre, Carlos, and other people at the Symphony what I have in store for them, and get their approval for my material.
 I have received the two new Mitsubishi Projectors and the Matrox box. I have set up the 3 projectors on tripods on top of my desk, and have hung the piece of Spandex high up in front of my computer:


 But I have been struggling to get things going, and the computer was going crazy when I plugged in the 3 projectors. So I plugged instead in 3 old 1920 x 1080 monitors into the Matrox Box, and plugged the Matrox into the computer's Graphic Card second DVI output and a USB plug for power. I went ahead and reinstalled the drivers, and did a firmware update.
Things now seem to work properly, and I have a desktop stretching across the 3 monitors:



No comments:

Post a Comment