Well, I was too busy the last couple of days to post, and all I was doing anyway is finishing up the new Bosh Sequence. I turned out quite nice I think, and in a way is an interesting counterpoint to the First Part of the Offertorium. Total Rococo beauty followed by a visit to the Beasts Den...
I took a bunch of 10 ft conduit and cornet and T fittings to make a frame about 10 ft x 53 ft onto which to stretch the fabric. The ivory screen fabric is backed up with black.
The screen was built and went up yesterday tied to a long truss. It looked really big on the stage floor, and barely cleared the edges of the first balcony, but now that it is way up and back, it doesn't look so big at all...
I am a little disappointed at that, but we could not have made it any bigger.
The projectors, the Matrox Box and the computer are going up this afternoon on another truss about 50 ft in front of the screen.
We had some difficulties getting the Matrox Box to work with the 3 matching Christie Projectors, bit Corey came to our rescue this morning and it is now working. I breathed a sight of relief when I found out.
The last issue to solve is how to start and stop Quicktime 7 with a black screen and no geeky Icons or Desktop appearing between movements. Corey suggested to stitch all the 8 videos together as one, but that will be a whopper to render at the last minute...S he is looking for another way. Lab only works with the Mac unfortunately...
I took a bunch of 10 ft conduit and cornet and T fittings to make a frame about 10 ft x 53 ft onto which to stretch the fabric. The ivory screen fabric is backed up with black.
The screen was built and went up yesterday tied to a long truss. It looked really big on the stage floor, and barely cleared the edges of the first balcony, but now that it is way up and back, it doesn't look so big at all...
I am a little disappointed at that, but we could not have made it any bigger.
The projectors, the Matrox Box and the computer are going up this afternoon on another truss about 50 ft in front of the screen.
We had some difficulties getting the Matrox Box to work with the 3 matching Christie Projectors, bit Corey came to our rescue this morning and it is now working. I breathed a sight of relief when I found out.
The last issue to solve is how to start and stop Quicktime 7 with a black screen and no geeky Icons or Desktop appearing between movements. Corey suggested to stitch all the 8 videos together as one, but that will be a whopper to render at the last minute...S he is looking for another way. Lab only works with the Mac unfortunately...

No comments:
Post a Comment