The Dies Irae is basically the most dramatic part of Cherubini's Requiem. There are undoubtedly other passages when the music heats up a little , but for the most part, the piece is mostly very harmonious flowing counterpoint for Chorus and Orchestra, absolutely beautiful, and totally angelic at times.
So I have been playing with ideas for the rest of the piece, but had so far stayed away from the Dies Irae, reserving it for the most dramatic moments of the story, namely the fall of the guillotine blade onto the King and Queen's supremely inbred and aristocratic necks...
I didn't want to be gory, but wanted to show at least a few drops of Royal Blue Blood.
I finally got an idea this morning using the coronation portrait of the King for a "virtual beheading", and played with it all day. I think it might work, I just have to keep it going for eight more minutes....
I loaded the Test on YouTube like the previous one, but "the Copyright Owner removed the Music Track". Apparently, they don't give a hoot about the Introit or the Graduate, but they don't want anybody to hear their Dies Irae for free...
Dies Irae Test 1


No comments:
Post a Comment